This web site is the responsibility of Helly Hansen AS (hereinafter “Helly Hansen” or “we”).
We collect and process personally identifiable information (“personal data”) in order to complete orders made by you, deal with enquiries made by you and to administer the Helly Hansen web site and APP.
We use advanced security measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal data.
For Canadian Citizens: Helly Hansen is responsible for the handling of personal information gathered from and about you. Our Marketing Manager may be contacted by mail at 8187 Swenson Way, Delta, BC V4G 1J5, attention, Marketing Manager; by or by phone 1-800-435 5901.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA:
Depending on your reason for contacting us, Personal data may include your name, gender, size, country, billing address, e-mail address, Facebook ID, FB image, phone and mobile numbers, and shipping address if different from billing address. In addition, we may collect personal information from you in relation to payment; including credit card type, name of cardholder, card number, and expiration date and security code.
For statistical purposes we may also collect information to analyse traffic to our site. This information is not personally identifiable.
When you download and use the APP, we need to store some personal data to make the activation run and remember who you are. This includes selected data that you have provided on your Facebook account such as your name, email address, Facebook ID, gender, country. Other personal data uploaded depends on the APP you have installed and please check the respective game rules for specific data that will be processed in this case. (see specific game rules).
2. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process and fulfil your order.
- To bill you for our products and services and collect outstanding debts.
- To administer your account with Helly Hansen
- Your contact information may be used by us to communicate with you regarding your order status or to provide you with related customer service, to send you information about Helly Hansen relating to your order or inquiry.
- In our feedback form, order catalogue form and customer service sections, we may ask you to give us contact information, for example your name, phone number, e-mail address or postal address, in order for us to be able to respond to your inquiry.
- For product development or enhancement, for content improvement, and to customize content and layout of our site.
- When you sign up for online services like e-mail newsletters, we use your e-mail address to send the information you requested.
- Contact information may be used to send you information about Helly Hansen and to send you occasional promotional material via e-mail and/or mailings, such as information about special offers which we think you might find valuable or information about functionality changes to the website, or information about upcoming events or contests sponsored by Helly Hansen.
- To provide you with the APP’s offered features at any point in time.
For EU/EEA Citizens: Electronic marketing communications will only be sent to our existing customers. If you are not an existing customer with us, we will only contact you or send information if you have given your explicit consent hereto. You may opt out of receiving future e-mails and/or mailings; see the opt out section of this policy.
For Canadian Citizens: If you have not opted out of receiving marketing materials, we may also use your contact information to send you occasional promotional material which we think you might find valuable, such as information about special offers, promotions and contests from us, and our affiliates.
3. RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT PERSONAL DATA
Upon request by e-mail or by mail to the addresses set out above, we will provide you with a summary of any personal data collected and retained by us regarding you. You may modify, correct, or update your personal information or request to have your personal information removed from our database. Helly Hansen will only send copies of personal information to the e-mail address on file for the visitor name associated with it.
4. NON-DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Helly Hansen reserves the right to disclose your personal data to third parties to the extent that disclosure is required by law, to enforce our website policies, to protect yours or others’ rights, property or safety; such information may also be disclosed and/or transferred in the event that Helly Hansen merges or acquires (or is acquired) by another entity.
5. TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE YOUR JURISDICTION
For EU/EEA Citizens: For any of the above purposes we may send your information internationally, including countries outside the EU/EEA. Some of these countries outside the EU/EEA may offer a lower level of protection of personal information than in your home country. If you do not consent to the transfer of your personal information to such countries where appropriate, please see the opt out section of this policy.
6. RETENTION AND SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We retain your personal information for no longer than as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws, and your consent to such purposes(s) remains valid after termination of our relationship with you. If the personal data shall not thereafter be stored in pursuance of the Archives Act or other legislation, they shall be erased.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your privacy. We follow generally accepted security procedures and use reasonable efforts to prevent loss, theft and unauthorized access to information which you have given us, such as firewalls, access control procedures and cryptography. This is to prevent loss, theft, unauthorized access or unlawful processing of your personal information. We also limit access to your personal information to selected employees or representatives.
7. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
8. CHILDREN’S PERSONAL DATA
Helly Hansen’s family of websites may be used by children under the age of 18, and therefore there may be some personal data of children under the age of 18 used and processed by us in relation to their visiting the Helly Hansen website and or buying product off the web shop. We will require the parental consent of any child who is under the age of 15 and who visits our website and or web shop. Promotional rules for all APPS require a minimum age of 18 to participate.
9. YOUR CONSENT
10. OPT OUT
We provide you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving promotional and marketing information from us at the time that we collect your personal information and each time we send you such information. If you have previously given us consent to disclose your personal data to any third parties, you may withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by us (subject to legal or contractual restrictions and excluding any mandatory disclosure to government agencies or third parties if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so). You can do this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EU/EEA Citizens: Helly Hansen AS, Munkedamsveien 35, N-0250 Oslo, Norway, +47 69249000
US Citizens: Helly Hansen (U.S.) Inc., 3703 I Street NW, Auburn, WA 98001, 1-800-435-5901
Canadian Citizens: Helly Hansen Leisure Canada, 8187 Swenson Way, Delta, BC V4G 1J5, 1-800-4355901