- HH wants to contribute to sustaining our oceans, mountains and forests and to minimizing climate change so that we and future generations can enjoy the great outdoors and all it has to offer.
- HH can not save the environment on its own. We will, however, be the leading Scandinavian contributor to creating a more sustainable sporting goods industry.
- HH will take a holistic approach to its environmental commitment. We will improve our environmental footprint through closer cooperation with suppliers and customers, as well as improving internal processes.
- Our products should always be of the highest quality and durability and do not necessitate seasonal replacement.
- We will not knowingly ever used banned chemicals, and will be in compliance with governmental initiatives such as REACH in Europe.
- We will work with Bluesign (see www.bluesign.com) to improve the sustainability of our entire supply chain:
- Energy usage
- Chemical use and emissions
- Water usage
- We will commit to finding and using more environmentally sound alternatives to existing fabrics, chemicals, and processes. These maybe natural or synthetic solutions depending on overall footprint.
- We will always have a part of our collection that is solely dedicated to experimenting with new environmental fabrics, processes and technologies (Ekolab).
- We will communicate openly our position on environmental issues.
- We are dedicated to using recycled or recyclable packaging only for our products and within our stores, and to reduce our use to a commercially viable minimum.
- We will commit to introducing reusable bags in all our stores.
- We will continue to create our own environmental initiatives such as the Keep Our Water Blue in Japan.
- We will continue to support local environmental initiatives that are relevant for our core activities of sailing, skiing and hiking.
- We will operate a code of conduct (see www.etiskhandel.no) based on the UN global compact.
- We will plan our business in a manner to most efficiently ship our products and to maximise the re-usage of packaging used for transportation.
- We will plan our business to minimize internal travel.
- We will encourage the use of public transport and car pooling for our own staff.
- We will introduce energy saving schemes in our own premises.
- We use energy from natural sources (water) in our head offices in Norway.
- We are dedicated to educating our staff to act in a more sustainable way.
- We will have an annual review of environmental performance.
Our partnership and long term commitment to the widely recognized and independent bluesign® standard means Ekolab is moving forward.
bluesign® is a global guiding tool for the entire textile industry’s production chain. To ensure that products are environmentally friendly and pose no health hazards, the bluesign® standard helps design production processes that meet the increasing consumer demand for ecologically safe apparel.
The bluesign® standard starts from the ground up. It’s not about testing finished products, but rather ensuring that the process is done right all the way from its first stage. Everything from raw material and component suppliers, to textile manufacturers and retailers should meet the same criteria.